Senior Software Developer .NET
Senior Software Developer (M/F)
A leading global online payment service provider. More than 50,000 webshops in over 70 countries use this company's technology to manage and secure their online and mobile payments, help prevent fraud and drive their business. Our client is headquartered in Brussels and employs around 400 people globally.
After an initial intake period and some ”integration” projects, you become involved in the daily operations
(auditing, support and optimization) of our payment platform.
In parallel you implement and integrate added value services and features on our payment platform.
Both missions are performed in a highly challenging environment with strong security, performance, volume
growth and zero downtime constraints.
Your role and responsibilities
Building on this project team work:
- You discuss business requirements built from customer needs with product management and other business teams, representing the customer perspective.
- You leverage the diverse expertise in your team, you analyse the business requirements and finally propose innovative technical solutions and architecture to answer to them, you split the project in smaller segment in order to size it more realistically
- You implement the proposed applications in accordance with standards and methodologies
- You respect planning and budget you committed at the beginning of the project, and provide relevant reporting to the project management & coordination colleagues (issues, milestones)
- You are also responsible for the testing, integration and maintenance of different applications joined to the platform
- You amend/write internal documentation and ensure knowledge transfer inside the team
- You proactively brief outbound teams so that the user manuals are written, the customer care team is ready to support the customers
- You liaise with product management who will take care of putting your product on the market in the best way.
- You follow-up the non-regression of the platform and the overall quality of the product delivered in the launch period, together with customer care and product management
- University degree in IT or equivalent by experience
- 2 - 4 years experience in IT
- At least 1 year spent in a web application development function, having worked on complex business logic applications, not focused on pure web design
- Functional or technical background in the Banking/Finance sector is a plus
- Very good command of English (corporate working language)
- Knowledge of French and/or Dutch
Hands-on expertise in the following technologies is required:
- .Net 4.0+ technologies (VB.Net/C#, ASP.Net, WCF, MVC, Linq,…)
- J-Query library
- SQL Server and T-SQL query language (as developer)
- Windows environment (server and client)
- Good analytic, integrative thinking ability. Ability to quickly understand complex matters
- Ability to work in a matrix-based organization, both reporting to a line manager and to functional managers (project managers & coordinators and specialists)
- Good communication skills, ability to work with different profiles and personalities and to adapt communication styles accordingly
- Solution oriented, you like to see things completed as expected
- Ability to be a real team player and having a flexible character
- Ability to manage own activities and reports issues and important milestones on time