EUROPEAN COMMISSION - Technical Consultancy Engineering Specialist (TCES) 2374
Profile: Technical Consultancy Engineering Specialist (TCES) Level 1 (A)
Duration in days: 41
Expected Start Date: 01/10/2018
Specific Expertise: Biz/Talk solutions
Expiration Date: 11/09/2018
CONTEXT/INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
The DG for Mobility and Transport and DG Energy are responsible for developing and implementing European policies in the transport sector for the European Union. The informatics unit (SRD2) has within its organization an IT expert team. The team takes care of a portfolio of several IT systems and IT activities in support of EC policies. Within this team, a position of Technical Consultancy Engineering Specialist 1 is open.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Designing Security Architecture of web-based applications with JAVA EE
- Development and implementing security components
- Elaboration of security test programs
- Integration with other applications
- Writing of technical documentation
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
- Participation in meetings with the project teams
- In depth knowledge of security matters in general
- In depth knowledge of web services
- In depth knowledge of application development environments
- Good knowledge of the design and development of web and multi-tier applications
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (UP and Agile)
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self starting capability and experience in working in team.
Minimum a total of 6 years of relevant studies and/or experience after the secondary school
The tasks will be performed at Commission’s premises in Brussels, using the Commission’s tools & technical standards.
- Experience with one or more of the following: development tools /environments / languages: Java EE, Maven, SOAP, UML, SQL, Front end technologies (HTML5/C S S/Jquery/ Ajax).
- Strong analysis skills
- Ability to work in English and French
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment
- Self-starting capability and experience in team working