EUROPEAN COMMISSION - Technical Consultancy Engineering Specialist (TCES-1) 15022018
Profile: Technical Consultancy Engineering Specialist (TCES-1)
Maximum Number of Days: 90
Maximum profile level: 1
Location: Brussels (Belgium)
Specific Expertise: Consultancy in BPMN (workflow development) and management of complex IT projects
Expiration Date: 01/03/2018
1. CONTEXT/INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
As of 01/01/2014, the start date of the multiannual programme for European Research, HORIZON 2020, the IT unit in the Common Support Centre (CSC) Directorate needs to provide a continued common and central support to the specific information systems tools under development for HORIZON 2020 and the existing legacy IT systems for the management of Framework Programmes 6 and 7 (FP6/FP7). The target user community
for the services to be provided in terms of high level technical support and assistance is the Research and Innovation Family, namely all Research DGs, Agencies, Joint Undertakings and external participants and beneficiaries involved in the research programme. The main development tools for the IT systems, HORIZON 2020 and legacy FP6/FP7, are ORACLE RDBMS/SQL, JAVA/J2EE (BEA WEB Logic), ORACLE BPM and Activiti for workflow management. For the management and control of the IT systems’ development life cycle the IBM Rational tool set is used, namely RQM, RTC and RFT.
The recording and follow-up of incidents and problems reported by all users of the IT systems above, internal or external to the Commission, is managed by the Commission’s service management tool SMT. For incident and problem reporting and related statistics Business Objects (BO) is used.
The Technical Consultancy Engineering Specialist (TCES-1) will assist the Commission personnel in terms of high level technical advice, assistance, analysis and identification of problems with the business workflow application (experts workflows) being developed by the IT unit of the CSC.
2. NATURE OF THE TASKS
• Provision of high level technical advice and assistance to development teams on workflow application issues.
• High quality recording, analysing and tracking of application issues (incidents, problems, changes) to ensure meaningful feedback throughout the support chain.
• Outstanding understanding of BPM Systems and BPMN.
• Proven experience in business process design (Finance, Grants).
• Proven experience in the development of business processes.
• Knowledge of financial circuits in public institutions.
• Being able to understand well requirements analysis and application for client/server systems and web applications.
• Analysis and design of system interfaces, integration patterns, technological components
• Provision of monitoring of the functioning of the business workflow applications and analysis and identification of application defects through detailed inspection of database server and WEB Logic application server log files.
• Drafting technical content for knowledge database for use of upstream support groups in relation to the different business processes covered by the applications.
• Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• In depth knowledge of the business processes for grant management and how they are reflected and implemented in the respective workflow applications.
• Deep understanding of XML modelling.
• In depth knowledge of service orientated application architectures (SOA).
• High level expertise and long term experience of a combination of the following IT tools is a pre-requisite: ORACLE RDBMS/SQL, JAVA/J2EE (BEAWEBLogic) and IBM Rational (RQM, RTC)
• In depth knowledge of ACTIVITI BPM, ECLIPSE/MAVEN, SOAP-UI, REACT as framework for UI creation and SOA.
• Very good communication / writing skills.
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good command of French and English is a must; any knowledge of another community language will be an asset.
4. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIFIC EXPERTISE
Education and experience
• In depth knowledge and high level expertise in the usage of the IT tools mentioned in paragraph 3, bullet points 4 and 5.
• In depth knowledge and experience in the technical implementation of the business workflow applications for grant management developed by the IT unit in the CSC.
5. WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
The place of service delivery is in one of the European Commission buildings in Brussels. The number of daily working hours will be as laid down in the applicable Framework Contract.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The Commission draws the contractor’s attention to the contractual provisions on confidentiality.
The Commission reserves the right:
- To proceed to security screenings of any individuals proposed, prior to the signature of any specific contract;
- To require any individual to attend security briefings or training, and/or to sign a security statement, after the signature of a specific contract.